Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Muslim teen and Chabad #3

I think what you are doing is great! I think that when I convert, I will do it Orthodox just because I want all to recognize me since I am not likely going to say that I am any type of Jew just a Jew. My beliefs lead me closer to a medium between Chassidic and Conservative though. I believe in science, and I know that the whole Torah was not given all at one time. I also have fallen in love with the rich traditions of Chassidic thought. I like the philosophy of joy and happiness, but one (of many) reasons that I didn't like Catholicism was that it didn't take into account the Science of evolution. I like the garment of Chassidic people yet I don't like that women can't become Rabbi.

I may use the virtual synagogue since my parents don't know that I want to convert. (I am 16) Rabbi Blotner of the Chabad Lubavitcher center advised that I not tell them in case I don't end up converting.

No comments: