Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Jewish identity #2

Dear Rabbi Ginsburg,

My name is X. Recently I have
discovered that I have some Jewish roots, on both my
maternal and paternal sides. While I was baptized as
an infant neither myself nor my family was
particularly religious. I have always had difficulty
with the concept of the Trinity, the divinity of
Christ, and many other parts of the Christian
theology. Since making this discovery, I have been
doing a lot of research into Judaism and have some to
the conclusion that I may have a Jewish soul. While
surfing the web and searching for more info on Judaism
I came across this site, and began watching your
videos on youtube. This has piqued my interest even
more.

My problem is that I live in rural X, and
the nearest synagogue is about 250
miles away. That particular reform congregation has
only a student rabbi and doesn't and cannot perform
conversions. I think that you distance learning
program will be a good fit for me since at the present
time I am unable to relocate to an area with a Jewish
community.

Eventually I would like to move back to my original
home Ohio where there is a vibrant Jewish
Community. So if you could please let me know if you
think I would make a good candidate for your long
distance conversion program, and give me any
additional details I may need to know.
Thank you,

No comments: