Monday, August 13, 2007

My uncle died

My uncle died today. He loved to speak hebrew with me and anyone who would talk with him. What was especialy amazing was he learned it when he was 19 and spent the year in Israel and was fluent to the end. He was an art dealer, but also created sculptures and paintings, usually of old men carrying Torahs. He loved Friday night services at our synagogue, and he and my aunt loved to sponsor the oneg and buy great treats, as well as make the Purim carnival so special for the kids, by hiring face painters, balloon artists and the moon walk. We had dinner the night before he fell and he told me he had big plans to make this year's carnival even better. My favorite art in my house came from him, and its nice to look at it and be reminded of him. May his memory be for a blessing. Condolences to all


Being an artist, he loved color and dressed beautifully, with much color. One of the many blessings of coming to this pulpit was him.

No comments: