Tuesday, August 14, 2007

an inspiration and guiding light your videos have been to me.

Dear Rabbi,

I wanted to write to you to tell you how much of an inspiration and guiding light your videos have been to me.

I grew up with no spiritual guidance and very little Jewish custom (the occasional pass-over and rosh hashanah if my older brothers were around). British Columbia, especially Victoria, has few Jews and a very quiet Jewish community so I was kept away from most of what I consider my birthright: knowledge and understanding of my faith.

Basically I have always identified deeply with Judaism and have always considered myself Jewish despite an extreme lack of guidance. Recently I have moved where there is a vibrant Jewish community and I've met and fallen in love with a fantastic Jewish girl . I've been enjoying my life incredibly since I've started observing Shabbat, eating Kosher and celebrating the festivals and high holidays (we even counted the Omer this year).

Since I moved here 7 months ago I've been watching your videos regularly and they have been an amazing source of knowledge for me as I explore and try to understand Judaism and it's role in my life. I can't thank you enough.


.

Thank you again,

No comments: