Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Impact 25 years later I was Rabbi there 1982-1987

Hi Jonathan, I had been a congregant of yours in the Kane Street days, and you played an extraordinarily important role in my development as a Jew. I've published an essay online about my experiences and I wanted to share it with you, here: http://blogcritics.org/archives/2009/02/08/052357.php Looking at your website, I see you have a particular interest in conversion issues, so the topics in this essay could be useful. Feel free to share it with anybody who might benefit from reading it. On a related matter, I still recall your pulpit comments in 1983 after "The Day After" appeared on TV, about a nuclear attack. You said something like, "If ever there was a moment for God to intervene in human history, that was the moment." I found the thought very forceful and it has stayed with me. I hope all is well for you and your family.

No comments: