Tuesday, May 13, 2008

On My Mormom video

Dear Rabbi Ginsburg,

I wanted to write and thank you for your video on Mormonism (posted on
youtube). You treated the subject with respect and honored my religion
by studying the religion well. Your treatment was fair and your
discourse was intelligent. Your understanding goes well beyond what most
people know of my church.

I enjoy watching your videos and, as a Mormon, I feel a great kinship
with the Jewish people. I am a fervent supporter of Israel and continue
to vote for politicians who support my views of Israel and who will
continue to protect and supply the country with means to protect itself
from terrorists. Every time I read of terrorist attacks in Israel my
heart goes out to the Jewish people who diligently struggle to keep the
holy land in the hands of G-d's chosen people.

I am an American and speak Russian and Finnish, but my most treasured
language is Hebrew even though I am nowhere as fluent as I am in my
other languages. I read from the Tenakh in Hebrew and continue to struggle
with the language, but it brings me a lot of joy.

Please continue forward with the good work you are doing. You efforts
are appreciated.

Sincerely,

No comments: